COVID-19 Policy update
Updated: January 2021
Chairlines COVID Checklist for Clients
1. Are you sick with a cold/flu or are you displaying any signs of COVID-19 and/or flu-like symptoms?
2. Do you have any of the following symptoms which are new or worsened if associated with allergies, chronic or pre-existing conditions: fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, and/or runny nose?
3. Have you returned from outside the country (including Canada / USA) in the past 14 days?
4. In the past 14 days, at work or elsewhere, did you have close contact with someone who has a probable or confirmed case of COVID19?
5. In the past 14 days, at work or elsewhere, did you have close contact with a person who had acute respiratory illness that started within 14 days of their close contact to someone with a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19?
6. In the past 14 days, at work or elsewhere, did you have close contact with a person who had acute respiratory illness who returned from travel outside of the country in the 14 days before they became sick?
7. In the past 14 days have you been directed by Public Health to self-isolate?
If any of these questions apply to you, please reschedule your appointment until they no longer apply.
On behalf of Chairlines we thank you for your cooperation!
With the ongoing developments of the COVID-19 pandemic, our priority is to ensure the health and safety of our clients, staff and the community. As we uphold our social responsibility in preventing the spread COVID-19 we have made the following changes to our operations:
As of March 25, 2020 we have made the decision to operate our showroom BY APPOINTMENT only Monday-Saturday 10:00am - 4:00pm until further notice. We will not be able to attend to any walk-in customers.
During this time, home installation services are not available and deliveries will be limited to commercial receiving only. Special exceptions may be made for home delivery, please contact us for more information. Product pick up from our Vancouver showroom and courier delivery services remain available.
We have taken the safety precaution of reducing our staff in the Vancouver showroom with majority of our team members safely spending this time at home. Please note that order times and other email requests may be delayed because of our reduced staff during this time.
If you do choose to visit us, please be aware that we are following the guidance from government and health officials to ensure proper physical distancing, and increased showroom cleaning and sanitation is a top priority.
We encourage you to browse our website and contact us if you have any questions about your ergonomic office set up. During this time we are happy to provide advice and product recommendations over the phone to help provide advice as we normally would during a consultation in our showroom.
Thank you for your understanding as we navigate this difficult situation, we are working to remain open to provide ergonomic workplace support to all who are currently working and require it.
March 16, 2020
With the latest developments of COVID-19, our priority is to ensure the health and safety of our clients, staff and the community.
Our services remain open for business, while we continue to follow the latest guidance from the BC Ministry of Health, the BC Centre for Disease Control, the Public Health Agency of Canada and the World Health Organization.
We encourage people and ourselves to take proactive steps to reduce the risk of contracting or spreading the virus. We will continue to review our policies and modify them as new information becomes available.
We are revising our cleaning process and ensuring the showroom and all products in the showroom are thoroughly disinfected everyday. In addition, we request all clients and staff to prevent the spread of illness by:
- Staying home if you are experiencing symptoms or feeling unwell
- Ensuring the office remains hygienic by regularly cleaning all surfaces, workstations and common areas
- Practicing regular hand-washing especially after coughing, sneezing, blowing your nose; after using the washroom or changing diapers; before preparing food or eating, before testing products in the showroom
- Practicing social distancing: avoid physical touch entirely, and keep some distance between yourself and other individuals as much as possible
During this uncertain time for everyone, we are here to continue to support you. As a community, lets ensure that we protect the health and safety of one another.